Saturday 16 November 2013

Time flies when you're having fun

As you may well know by now, I'm a pretty impatient person. 

I want everything yesterday, and have a bit of a bad habit of planning ahead (to the point of madness!) 

I often lay in bed at night meal planning, pre-writing emails in my head and thinking obsessively about the future. I have to say that this has calmed down a little recently as I discovered the 'Love Boo' range which literally sends me to sleep after application (a blessing for a tricky sleeper!)

I often find that thinking ahead and over planning makes time go a little faster. I'm also early for everything (as I like get things over and done with so I can move onto the next thing!!) I once showed up for a pitch, taking place at 9am, 2 hours early. No exaggeration. I think I may need medication.


Having a houseful of messy workers at the moment with ever changing finishing dates is literally my idea of hell. I have no idea when the current work will be over and hate the fact that I'm living out of boxes.

All that being said, I am finding that time is just whizzing by at the moment.

I just gave myself a gorgeous pedicure, the full works (nothing better than a little self indulgence!!!) I've been meaning to do this for weeks, but I've just not found the time!! I just find that the hours disappear and before I know it, it's bedtime and another day is over.

We had a houseful of family today, some of whom live in Scotland. It was weird that as we said our goodbyes we came to the realisation that the next time they'd see me (the last time was the wedding) Baby J would be here... Baby J is no longer abstract. He's actually going to be here really soon.

I thought that 40 weeks of pregnancy would take forever.... Literally forever. For someone as impatient as me, 40 weeks is a lifetime!!

What I'm finding if the complete opposite. The weeks are disappearing on me. I have so much I need and want to do and I'm starting to worry I won't have the time.

In 2 weeks I'll be in my final trimester, in 14 weeks I'll be a mother, and BumpMoirs will become BabyMoirs. I had no idea how quickly this would all happen and can't imagine how fast it will all go by when he's actually here...

Everyone keeps telling me to not bother buying any newborn clothes because friends and family will by lots for us, and he'll grow out of them quickly... How scary is that? How quickly we talking?! 

He's not even here yet and I'm stressing about him growing up too fast... My parents always used to say  how quickly my brother and I grew up and how quickly the years have gone by, but this is ridiculous!

What a massive turnaround from the impatient person I've been for the past 28 years!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment