Monday 9 December 2013

From one world to the next...

If you'd have asked me a few months ago how a pregnant woman should sleep, what she should eat, or what vitamins she should take I wouldn't have had a clue.


Equally, I'd have been stumped if you'd have questioned how developed a baby (in the womb) is at 22 weeks? Or why a pregnant lady suffers rib pains, or acne?

The fact of the matter is that I didn't have a clue.

Now, after reading around the topic, speaking to lots of other mothers and mothers to be, and most importantly since experiencing these things myself, I'd say I was some sort of expert (as are most women out there) I feel that now I'm someone that people feel comfortable asking questions to.

As I am now in my third and final trimester I'm starting to think about the next chapter, which of course involves Baby J entering the world.

In all honestly... I'm a little petrified.

Not only is this my first baby, but I've had very little exposure to babies in the past.

Yes I've cuddled a few new borns and chased a few toddlers around the living room pretending to be farmyard animals, but I've never been responsible for a baby for longer than about five minutes.

The hubs grew up with a baby bro so remembers the whole experience vividly, whereas I'm totally new to it all.

Friends of mine have invited me to private Facebook groups where mums are free to ask other mums questions about all manner of things.

The more posts I read from worried, questioning and anxious women, the more I panic... Largely because I haven't a clue what they're talking about!!

I don't know be rules of potty training or weaning... I can't answer questions about flu jabs and I've never even heard of a water wipe!!!

Don't get me wrong... I know this will all come in time. In a way I think learning all I have about pregnancy is some sort of brain training for the next big test... as there is so much more to take in.

I am excited about this... Albeit a tad daunted but I'm ready (well nearly ready!!!)

Whilst I will do as much prep as possible, I'm quite excited about learning on the job and making the odd mistake as I go (it's the best way to learn after all!!!)

At the moment it does feel a little like I'm heading into the unknown but in a way I am, I've just got to let allow myself to panic, (easy when I'm dealing with someone who likes to be well prepared for everything!!)

I suppose you can only prep so much anyway as a lot of the issues/questions will arise when he's here and will depend on him...

Eeeek all getting very real now!


No comments:

Post a Comment